To the best patients in the world. We would like to update you with new office protocols. Phase 1 of Governor Bakers phased reopening plan states we can start seeing medical eye appointments starting May 26th with routine eye care and contact lens exam starting in phase 2 at least 3 weeks later. Medical patients include but are not limited to diabetics, those suffering from macular degeneration and glaucoma suspects, and sudden loss of vision to name a few.
All patients and staff MUST follow our new guidelines in order to receive care at Auburn Westboro Eye Assc.
· When you arrive at our office for your appointment please remain in your car and call us to check in and go over your medical history. Auburn # 508 832 9392 Westborough # 508 366 7461
- You will be asked questions regarding your exposure to Covid-19. Depending on the answers you may be asked to reschedule your appointment to a later date.
· Only the patient will be allowed into the office. (A child is allowed to bring one parent and a patient who needs assistance will be allowed one additional person).
· Everyone entering the office must wear a mask.
- If you do not have a mask we will provide you one.
- We will offer you tape for the top part of the mask to avoid fogging up our equipment and your glasses or tissue to implant in the top of the mask.
· Everyone entering the office must use hand sanitizer. There will be hand washing stations labeled all around the office.
Please do not wear gloves in the office.
· The optical will be by appointment only for all things concerning glasses.
- Buying, dispensing, repairing glasses are all via appointment.
- All glasses tried on need to be put aside and sterilized.
· Please stay 6 feet away from other patients and staff members when possible.
· All surfaces will be disinfected between patient care with disinfectant.
· If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 you must wait for 4 weeks from the day of diagnosis to enter our building, or have two negative COVID-19 test results.
· If you have the following symptoms please reschedule your appointment.
- Cough, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, fever, chills, muscle ache or shortness of breath.
- Other Less common symptoms include; nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and unexplained skin or toe rash
We appreciate your commitment to our office during these times and understand some of these new guidelines make our time together more complicated, but it is important to stay safe during this pandemic. We look forward to hearing and seeing from you soon.
Sincerely, Drs. Jeff, Mike Cohn, Suzanne Lucash, Rebecca McLaughlin and all of us at Auburn Westboro Eye Assc.